Strawberry mint cooler
It’s summer in Scotland! Since this celebrated event last such a short time here, we like to make the most of it. I made this lovely refreshing juice the other day. Easy, tasty and quick to prepare.
- 250g (just over half a punnet) local strawberries
- a small handful of fresh mint (8-10 leaves)
- half a lime, squeezed
- 300ml water
I blended these ingredients using a hand blender and added ice.
- Reduce the amount of water to just a dash and freeze the mixture in ice cube trays or in ice lolly moulds
- For kids – if they’re not keen on the bits of mint floating around, the mixture can be strained to give a nice smooth drink
- For the adults – a few shots of rum can turn this drink into a fresh summer cocktail!